The Arlington, VA, real estate market remained steady in 2021 with the big news being that home sales increased 27 percent while the average home sales price was up 1.3 percent compared to 2020.
Here’s a look at the 2021 housing market numbers in Arlington:
Arlington Home Sales Were Up 27% In 2021
There were 3,546 homes sold in Arlington County in 2021, a 27.1 percent increase compared to the 2,793 sold in 2020.
The sales rebound in 2021 included the condominium market, which stalled during the height of the pandemic in 2020 as buyers sought more space.
- Condo sales were up 31.8 percent.
- Townhome sales jumped 22.1 percent.
- Single-family home sales rose 25.6 percent.
Arlington Home Prices Were Up 1.3% In 2021
While the number of home sales was up strongly, the average home sales price in Arlington in 2021 was relatively flat, up just 1.3 percent overall, to $783,488 versus 2020’s $777,296.
However, price changes vary depending on the type of residence with single-family homes and townhomes showing strong gains and the condominium market slipping.
- Condo prices decreased 1.0% to $463,894 from $468,408.
- Townhome prices jumped 3.3% to $730,605 from $707,213.
- Single-family home prices were up 2.2% to $1,214,250 from $1,188,730.