How I Can Help You Buy A Home In Arlington, VA
If you are thinking about buying a house in Arlington, VA, know that homes are still being listed for sale and are continuing to go under contract quickly.
Buying a home involves a series of extremely complex steps that are best navigated with the advice of a local real estate expert.
Here are 7 ways I will help you find a home you’ll love:
- I will analyze your wants and needs and answer your home buying questions during a free consultation.
- I will recommend qualified lending professionals who you can speak with to get pre-approved for a mortgage loan.
- I will guide you to homes that best fit your criteria to save you time.
- I will advise you on making the perfect offer.
- I will negotiate the sales contract and oversee all of the details.
- I will provide access to my network of preferred providers – from title companies to home inspectors, and more.
- I will represent your best interests at all times.
Arlington is ranked as the nation’s hottest seller’s market.
Here are 5 insider tips on how to beat the competition and win a home in Arlington.
Before I can help you buy a home, I need to convince you that I am the best agent to help you. We can meet in person or virtually via conference call, Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Zoom.
During our free consultation, you and I will have a chance to discuss what you are looking for in a home: it’s features, location and style.
Our consultation will also allow you to leverage my Arlington, Virginia-focused neighborhoods and market expertise, understand my process, and help you decide if you’d like me to represent you.
Mortgage Loan Pre-Approval
Want to make a serious offer? Then you’ll need to be pre-approved for a mortgage.
I recommend that buyers start talking to a lender as soon as possible so you are ready to make an offer as soon as you find your dream home.
Why get pre-approved? There are 3 key reasons:
- With financing pre-approval you will get an accurate idea of how much you can afford before you start house hunting and save yourself the grief of looking at houses you can’t afford.
- Sellers want to see secured financing; they will not accept a contract without a lender pre-approval letter.
- Lenders will provide you with estimated closing costs, down payment amounts, interest rates and monthly housing payments for your planning purposes.
If you don’t have a lender, I can provide you with several trusted local mortgage lenders in the area who you can talk to virtually about your financing.
Searching For A Home You’ll Love
First and most importantly, I will listen to what it is you want in your home: its features, location and style. Then, I’ll compile a list of properties based on your criteria and budget and guide you to homes that best fit your parameters.
I’ll email you new listings that match your criteria the minute they hit the market and we will “tour” properties of interest.
- If you are local, I’ll arrange an appointment for you to visit the home.
- If you are out of the area, or are pressed for time, I can visit the home and provide you with a video tour or we can FaceTime so that you can ask me questions in real time.
Making an Offer to Buy
Making an appealing offer is key to securing the home you want. I will help you determine the right price to offer by looking at recent comparable home sales, analyzing list price to sales price ratios, examining the local market and more.
DID YOU KNOW?
While negotiating the price is key, it’s only one aspect of an offer to buy a home.
I will also provide you with impartial advice on other contingencies, including home inspection, financing, appraisal, home sale, and more when structuring your offer. I will prepare and submit your offer.
We’ll be able to make the offer virtually. My streamlined document system allows you to sign documents electronically from the comfort of your home on any device, including your phone.
As a skilled and experienced negotiator, I’ll help you negotiate a purchase contract that is in your best interests. I’ll also ensure that you get the best price and favorable closing terms.
However, the process is not over once we have a ratified contract to purchase your home. There are still several hurdles to cross before we reach the finish line.
DID YOU KNOW?
In any given real estate transaction, there are more than 50 documents, 100 signatures and at least a dozen parties involved, from the buyer and seller to realtors, home inspectors, lenders, title companies and more.
I will oversee all of the transactional details for you, manage deadlines and coordinate everything for you to ensure a successful and stress-free purchase.
Once we have an approved contract, I will line up all of the necessary inspections – including a professional home inspection to assess the condition of the home.
My home inspector will provide a 50+ page report with detailed photos and descriptions of the home’s HVAC systems, electrical and plumbing systems, windows, structural components and more.
I will also review all the reports with you, and ensure any concerns you have are addressed with the seller.
In a similar fashion to negotiating price, there is an art to getting seemingly unwilling sellers to address property condition concerns.
Closing the Deal
Once your offer has been accepted, inspections are complete, and financing is in order, you’ll need to do one last thing – sign the settlement documents.
I will help you select a title company to arrange all of the necessary paperwork and conduct the settlement. You may be able to sign all of your closing documents electronically with the help of an online or mobile notary. If a remote closing is not possible, I will attend the closing with you at the settlement company offices.
When your closing is finished, congratulations, you’ll finally have the keys to your new home!
Learn more about how I can assist you with your home buying needs
To find out more and to discuss all of the ways that I can assist you in buying a home in Arlington, please call or text me at 703-447-0970 or email me for a free consultation.
Also need to sell? See how I can help you sell your home.